CarbonX PEEK+CF 500g
PEEK is one of the highest performance thermoplastics ever invented. It is used in some of the most demanding applications such as seals, gears, bushings, bearings, and pump & compressor components.
CarbonX™ PEEK Properties Include:
- High Thermal Resistance
- Excellent Chemical Resistance
- Superior Wear Resistance
- Near Zero Moisture Absorption
- Low smoke and toxic gas emissions
General thermal properties of PEEK are:
- Glass Transition Temperature (Tg) 143°C
- Melt Temperature (Tm) 343°C
- Continuous Use Temperature (CUT) 240 - 260°C
Printing with CarbonX™ PEEK
PEEK has a melt temperature (Tm) of 343°C, therefore, you will need an all-metal extruder capable of reaching (and holding) temps upwards of 400°C or more depending on your specific printer. Every printer / slicer is different and you will need to tinker a bit to find a process that works for you. One of the more difficult aspects of printing with PEEK was getting it to stick to the build plate. The best material we found was Ultem® PEI sheet or tape.
- Extruder Temps: 380 - 410°C
- Bed Temps: 130 - 150°C
- Bed Prep: Ultem® PEI tape or sheet
- Nozzle: We strongly recommend a 0.4mm orifice or larger using one of our A2 Hardened Nozzles - HERE
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers below 0.25mm with carbon fiber grades. Lower than 0.25mm may create too much back pressure in the hot end and result in poor feeding, jams, drive gear clicking, and eating a notch into the filament.
- Please note - PEEK has a tendency to stick to metal (PEEK loves metal). Please make sure to purge out your extruder before it cools down or you run the risk permanent clog
We Also Recommend