ThermaX PEI PPSU
Polyphenylsulfone (PPSF or PPSU) is a high-temperature aromatic sulfone polymer. Long considered to be one of the highest performance polymers in the plastics world. PPSF has excellent thermal and chemical resistance, making it well suited for demanding applications in automotive, aerospace, electronics, defense, industrial, medical, semi-con applications. Previously only available to Stratasys® customers - now you can print with this ultra performance polymer.
ThermaX™ is 3DXTECH's brand of high-temperature polymers designed specifically for 3D printing the highest performance parts possible. PPSU is sold using names such as Solvay's Radel R and BASF's Ultrason P.
Attributes of Polyphenylsulfone PPSF (PPSU) include:
- Very high thermal properties with a Tg of 220°C and HDT of 205°C
- Excellent hydrolytic resistance
- High Environmental Stress Crack Resistance (ESCR)
- Outstanding impact resistance
- Highly resistant to gamma radiation - even in large doses (10 Mrd)
- Sterilisation capable - including EtO gas, radiation, steam autoclaving, plasma, dry heat and cold sterilisation.
- Resists most common automotive fluids, including gasoline, antifreeze, transmission fluid, motor oil, power steering fluid, windshield washer fluid (ESCR, 24hrs, 100°C)
- Inherently flame retardant with low smoke evolution and low smoke toxicity
- Excellent dimensional stability (low creep sensitivity and low, uniform coefficient of thermal expansion) and highly reproducible part-to-part dimensions
- Exceptional strength and modulus, even at elevated temperatures
- Diameter: 1.75mm (+/- 0.05mm)
- Density: 1.29g/cm3
We Also Recommend