EVOLV3D™ OBC Polyethylene Copolymer 3D filament 750g
Evolv3D™ OBC (Olefin Block Copolymer) from Dow is an engineering-grade material based on a novel polyethylene copolymer.
OBC is the state-of-the-art in polyethylene 3D printing and eliminates many of the problems associated with printing polypropylene-based materials.
OBC is semi-crystalline and has excellent chemical resistance coupled with ease of printing and real-world functional properties.
Low Density: The reel contains 750g of filament, but based on the low density of OBC, this is the same amount of filament that would typically be on a 1kg reel of ABS.
This allows you to print light-weight and exceptionally durable parts for medical, drones, watercraft, automotive, or any application that would benefit from a light weight chemically resistant material.
Product Attributes Include:
- Excellent Z-axis bonding
- Very low density (0.9 g/cm3)
- Outstanding chemical resistance
- No water pick-up - no drying needed
- Ease of printing - low warp / curling
- Flexibility and fatigue resistance allows for printing living hinges
- Low odor - essentially none
- Diameter: 1.75mm, 2.85mm, +/- 0.05mm
- Reel weight: +/- 5%
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder temp: 170-210°C
- Bed temp: 60-100°C
- Bed prep: Packaging tape (PE or PP based) is an excellent low-cost option, Magigoo PP Bed Prep
- Enclosed build chamber: 23-60°C. Although not 100% necessary, an enclosed print chamber will help ensure more successful printing
- Other: Recommended to print with brim or raft until you become comfortable printing with OBC. We also recommend the use of a cooling fan (20-50%). Print speed is generally 30-50mm/s.
We Also Recommend